R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Team Associated TC7 & TC7.1 Touring Car
View Single Post
Old 11-02-2016, 02:44 PM
gigaplex
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by eR1c
I am certain this has been discussed already, yet with nearly 85 pages I am having a difficult time finding what I am looking for. -so forgive me for repeating a question that may have already been asked.

I have owned several TA kits over the years, have always been impressed. I am looking to get a new TC kit this next season. Here is my question, What is the big difference between the TC7 and TC7.1 kits? Beside the fact that I can pick up a TC7 for like $300 and a TC7.1 is around $450. I see that the shocks have been upgraded / revised. Anything else?? And if budget were an issue which kit would you go for?? I mean I could afford the TC7.1 but not if its not really worth the extra $$. By the way, I've been running the same TC chassis for about 4 seasons now. So I do tend to keep/race the same car for several years. So looking for something I can get lots of mileage out of as well.

Also considering Xray's TC kit, but at $550ish, ...it is a bit much.
thanks
Short shocks, and low profile shock towers and bearing caps to fit the short shocks. The 7.1 also comes with the DCV upgrade. That's pretty much it, although the chassis plate has been tweaked slightly, rolling change, same part number.