R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Tekno RC SCT410.3 Thread
View Single Post
Old 10-31-2016, 06:33 PM
Jaynen
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ezlight
Sorry about that, I had to scroll up to see your OG post.

Well, for starters, with a 4000kv motor you should be running an 18t pinion, or 17t is a very tight technical track.

Body I like and prefer is the jconcepts f250 body. It holds up well, and has good flight characteristics when coupled with the side air guards. I'm currently running the fusion body, but my next body I will be going back.

In air "Donkey kick"...Stiffen the rear shocks...Try 30wt oil, and green rear springs. Alot of guys like pink/pink or pink/green springs. I'm currently running green springs on all 4 corners.

Josh L also has a recommendation with anti-squat to fix that, but I don't remember what it was.

With these trucks, you'll figure out how they drive, as they like to be driven a certain way. With plenty of track time you'll get it figured out.
I have an 18t pinion, I don't think it was donkey kicking persay, it was more throttle sensitive, IE if I have it full gas to get speed for a triple when it clears the jump it rotates very quickly backwards almost vertical, if throttle cuts much at all it rotates also very quickly. I can usually keep from completely flipping it but its hard to get it to remain somewhat flat/aligned with the landing.

I've had other rigs where you could just kind of keep a smooth throttle or let off just a little bit and they would remain somewhat stable

But it wasnt like everything jump I hit it tries to go end over end/nose down