R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Team CRC Xti 1/12th Scale!!
View Single Post
Old 10-24-2016, 06:37 AM
big_ads
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 88 (100%+)

Originally Posted by valk
After playing with a friends xray this weekend, it would be nice if the axle, hub and slider pod fit together in such a way that killing a rear bearing wasnt the immediate end of your spur lol. He broke his xray in the first minute but still finished 8 minutes with it.. Meanwhile ill cut the sweeper a little tight and graze something and race over.

Got to try 6.5 on black carpet. Took my 13.5 car tires and body and just swapped to and 88t axle and 6.5 motor. Not bad. Miss the rip of 4.0 but pretty fun.
So some of the bearing issue on the slider pod depends on where you put the shims and axle spacers. I used to go through bearings constantly but now I put the axle shims next to the bearing and the red aluminum spacers on the outside of the shim. It seems that the red spacers are just the right diameter to punch out the inside race of the bearing. If you put an axle shim in between the spacer and the bearing it will keep this from happening. Haven't blown a bearing out that way since I switched.