View Single Post
Old 10-23-2016, 10:32 PM
PutAwayWet
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default 22-Oct 2016 Race Report

Last night featured some very good racing, but it also had a slight hex on it from the start. Fortunately it has happened only once before, and that was when we had a 7-panel track—we swapped rolls two and three during setup. It’s one of those things that in hindsight should have been completely obvious, as while setting up the track we struggled to find the pipe markings. But rolls one and four were fine and it just didn’t register. I thought maybe the markings were fading, and I concentrated on the pipe and what I knew the layout to be rather than taking a moment to simply look at the rolls. It wasn’t until Andrew pointed it out during signups that it sunk in. While the stock and Scale Spec classes were fine, the modified classes were a handful with the nap of the rug going all harem scarem. So…we shut down practice and performed an all-hands panel swap that set things to right. All in all, a rather face-palming start to what turned out a biggish night with 63 entries in 13 heats.

Results are attached, so I leave it to you lap time detectives to recreate the rounds, like replaying a ball game by studying box scores. I’ll add that Novice continues to pull, and we have some good drivers in that field who are going to be solid members of the club if they commit to the hobby long-term.

We take a longer break until the next race. Hangar 30 is in holiday mode with constant booking through the month. We’ll be back there on November 22, a Tuesday one-off. The Big Chill is two weeks away, and that is a great destination race. It has taken over for the Timezone Gran Prix as the northwest’s fall classic where a big group shows for a throwdown. I heartily recommend it. It’s in Chilliwack, BC, and it’s hosted by Overgeared Racing, our friends from Richmond who so often join us down here. We’ll be back in the gym on November 19.

Race on!
Attached Files
File Type: txt
Round1.txt (85.4 KB, 118 views)
Round2.txt (85.4 KB, 68 views)
Round3.txt (50.7 KB, 295 views)