R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Price hikes gone crazy!
View Single Post
Old 10-22-2016, 09:57 PM
konasubs
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 342 (100%+)

I'll start by admitting I live in chico CA and know folks at A Main. BUT I own a local biz and the 1st to be critical about pricing and customer service. I bought 2 pair of impact soft 1/8 scale tires on line from warehouse to be delivered for local pick up at retail store. They called and advised that their inventory was wrong and we went with a pair of the long wears and one regular soft. Long wears were 15% more but they ate it because it was their fault. For a bigger company they carry a lot of regional crawler items and have an amazing selection. Sure.....I have to pay tax in my state as you would for tower if you lived in theirs. Most manu's do announce price increases this time of year in all industries Have I, and do I buy from other places? SURE.....NO ONE IS ALWAYS CHEAPEST. No one always has the best customer service....I humbly for example refuse to buy Hobby Wing products despite the fact that they are the cheapest because they have zero customer suport. EVERY time I call Tekin with a question, they answer the phone and are great. I now am adding Reedy to that list with a recent issue with a Blackbox and they called me 3 times to talk to me before returning item....SO....Price is important , but its the whole deal....BTW...AMain donates soooooo much to the local and sponsers a lot of upcoming young racers. Will I buy from other places ...sure...I also spent S115 at retail store today w/o coupon because they loaned me tools during pavement run when I was testing motors. I'm not a homer, I just understand that after working for a 20 billion dollar company for 2 decades and now running a small deli, you offer good products at a fair price, and do your best with customer service, and hopefully some folks are happy....Thats my 3 or 4 cents about A main...peace everyone