R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Take it easy on ROAR guys
View Single Post
Old 03-24-2005, 02:06 PM
AdrianM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally posted by Boomer
One of the big reasons why the ExComm has had to make decisions on their own is a lack of involvement - people got on committees and then just didn't do anything.
I am (was?) on the On Road Electric Committee. I wrote most of the 19T motor On Road rules for 2004. I say I was on the on Road Committee because I had to ruffle so many feathers at ROAR and IFMAR to get the Worlds to happen properly that I am now completely frozen out from ROAR. Rick does not return my emails or calls and I get no committee emails.

I was one of the 3 organizers for the IFMAR Worlds. ROAR messed up so many many details (Track selection confirmation to IFMAR, Tire Approval delays and the body legalization fiasco) leading up to the worlds is was a miracle that IFMAR didn't skip over the US and award it to another country.

I have been pretty outspoken in the last year about how much of a disaster ROAR is. Why? Because for the previous 3 years I have busted my butt to help ROAR any way I could to move forward. My reward is the cold shoulder.