R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Tekno RC SCT410.3 Thread
View Single Post
Old 10-19-2016, 06:09 AM
ezlight
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Riflebuilder
If I only had a 410.3, then I would typically have no business owning anything above 600 PT Oil for shocks, but since I have an ET48.3 and I just picked up a Mugen MBX7R Eco (5x1.3 pistons drilled out to 5x1.5 running 850 Front and rear) I have a bunch of heavy oil to play with. I will tell you, this shock package has been HOT!!!

3x2.1 front and rear
Green front , PT 750
Pink rear, PT 700

I just love how it packs up, but you can drop the truck from 10" and it just nicely lands with out slapping the chassis and it still feels a on the softer side on the bench. I ran Lutz's Enats set up with 6x1.5 pistons and PT 650 and it jumped and landed great, but for anything not high speed and smooth, it was just way too stiff.

I typically go lighter on my fluids until I can tell there is a problem like slapping down hard on flat landings, or the nose of the vehicle digging into the face of a jump, or bouncing up after a flat landing. Whatever system you try, be prepared to keep going heavier until you get it the way you like.

I have never used the black stock pistons, so i'm not sure what to tell you there, but i will say I just like the idea of fewer holes with larger diameter. It just makes sense to me for the majority of tracks out there on a club level.
Thank bud. I'll have to give that a whirl.

On a side note, Rama signups open in 2 weeks...You ready?