R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Kyosho Ultima RB6 & RB6.6 Car Thread
View Single Post
Old 10-19-2016, 01:59 AM
jpcopeland1
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 166 (100%+)

Originally Posted by 13Maschine
Thanks John, I haven't done the math but I thought perhaps since the KYO slipper is only 2 pads, the avid might be close with 3. This is one of the things I like on the Xray, the stock slipper is a massive three pad system.

I agree, LRH to OCRC to SCVRC I usually want to change a bit. SCVRC has such high traction, if I was still racing there often I'd have some pretty major changes. Surprisingly LRH to OCRC wasn't as drastic for me. The RB6.6 is so well balanced that changing tires got me 90% there. I didn't change my shock package or springs. The real test will be when I come back to LRH.

My shock package is:
Front:
Gold Springs (I ran Red at SCVRC)
400 KYO/1.3x3 VRP Pistons

Rear:
350 KYO/1.6x2 VRP Pistons
Gold Springs

I should note that my lap times aren't quite on pace at OCRC yet, but perhaps that's me. It is close though, I can get into the mid to high 19seconds on the surf city layout. Plenty of guys in the 18s range though. I think my slipper was part of my issue here, lots of fade.

Can you PM me your email? I'll send you a full setup sheet. The Chris Jarousz setup is also very good. I hope I spelled that right.

Let me know if I can help
Stock setup with 32.5 front/30 rear, stock springs, ballstud collars, everything is stock and the car is really good. Everyone who has driven it likes how balanced it is as a laydown car. I rear mounted the shocks cause the rear end gets skiddish on clay witht hem mounted front, but the car is stock, and is very good. I may not change much at all for the time being since i'm not travelling to run anywhere else for the next few months.