R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Tamiya XV-01
Thread: Tamiya XV-01
View Single Post
Old 10-06-2016, 11:42 AM
Papi
Tech Regular

1. Stock hinge pins won't work, as they're shorter. You need 46mm hinge pins for reversible suspension arms.

2. If you use 1A suspension mounts, yes. (that'ts setting of XV-01TC) If you already have 42mm, you can use 1XD mounts, which are narrower. Also if you have stock XV, you can use front wheel axle and 42mm dogbones.. Personally I prefer dogbones on rear axle, as they don't rattle that much at higher suspension

3. Tamiya site says, that standard XV01 swaybars don't work with TC. I can't say, I don't have them

4. once I get home, I can make photo of my TB03 with suspension modded for 25-30mm. Basicaly you need to get rid of downstops (bad, if you want to ride tarmac afterwards) and you need to make space for C-hub inside of front arm.

5. Tamiya's suspension mounts are in line, differed by letters, from 1XD (narrowest) through 1X, 1A (middle) to 1F (widest). One letter apart means 0,5° difference in rear toe. So for 3° you will need for example 1XB front and 1D rear.
Separate suspension blocks serve as 2 blocks at once, when you flip them you'll get same block with X (A-XA, B-XB etc). I hope I described it well

6. I hope it's all, but I forget about hingepins, so I might be wrong

Now you can hate me even more

When I think about it 70$ is still pretty expensive, I never thought that conversion costs so much