R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Tamiya XV-01
Thread: Tamiya XV-01
View Single Post
Old 10-04-2016, 10:48 PM
4roller
Tech Addict

Default Tweak/droop/preload

I just watched a couple of videos of how to balance out your touring car. And I must say, even though I thought my car was pretty dialed, I went through the steps and found lots of unbalanced bits.

Setup with Mr.Hudy
Setup with some Aussie

I lossend all the bottom screws. And removed as much "tweak" out to the chassis as I could. The battery box with wires stuffed every which way can really affect your chassis tweak. So I restuffed everything in a manner that had the smallest affect on tweak when the battery tray was screwed down. Flat-ish chassis, good.

I found my rear camber was off by 2 degrees on each side. I used just rims (with no tires) and no shocks. With a flat chassis, I evened out all 4 corners with my gauge.

I found that the rear droop of this car (after bashing for months now, maybe even before) is uneven when droop screws are pulled all the way out. So I used droop screws to even that out.

I found my front sway bars were not set up evenly, preventing one side from full extension. I also evened out max travel with droop screws.

With that all done I put the shocks on with the collars all the way up. Then adjussted left/right preload on the front/rear.

All this took about 30mins. And now I know my cars suspension is nice and neutral. Wow.

I will test drive tomorrow. But I already know it's going to be boat loads better than it already was.

Last edited by 4roller; 10-04-2016 at 11:02 PM.