R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - FORGASS 2016/17 RACE 1 ARCADIA, FL OCTOBER 1st & 2nd, 2016
Old 10-02-2016, 06:33 PM
tdr170
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default Race 1 Arcadia

Just wanted to tank everyone who came out to the race this weekend inspit of the weather forecast.
We all got very lucky and had 3 great days of racing and mother nature granted us one for a change.

To the comments for Greg I have to stand up here because this was what we heard, there was a group that was boycotting the race because we went to one drop this year and this would be their drop and I do not believe either of you were part of this group.
They were upset because they did not get a vote and felt they should have.
Problem is we have always done the voting at the Sour Grapes dinner and last year was so poorly attended Forgass decided the track owners would decide the normal things we vote on.
Now before people get their panties bunched up this is completely fair, as an X motorcycle racer we the races never got a vote on the rules but were allowed to submit suggestion to AMA and the comity decided what was fair for all.

I personally do not think there should be any drops because those that can and do race every race are the ones being penalized by not receiving points.
Those that can and do race every race paid for that race and should receive points as it is not their fault that others could not or did not attend.
(NOT LOOKING FOR A FIGHT HERE JUST TELLING MY OPINION)

Lastly for those that did not attend for the reasons stated above I personally feel hurt I worked my ass off this summer to improve the track for all of us and if nothing else you should have came for me.

We all have a need to get along as the sport is just not big enough for us not to. We will all get upset with someone at some point, it is racing after all but we should also be big boys and get over it.
Have a beer and relax

We have the Cow Patty coming in November and I hope everyone can make it this year, rain or shine I will be there working my ass off for you so do not let me down.

See everyone in a couple of weeks at the Nationals

Thanks
Tod

ps. Everyone should thank the gods above that we have four track owners that give us such great places to race at.
They spend thousands of dollars for very little return (very little) and if we bad mouth what we have others will not join and soon we will all be back to parking lots.
THINK ABOUT IT PLEASE!!!

Last edited by tdr170; 10-02-2016 at 08:32 PM. Reason: fixed couple words