R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Yokomo YZ-4
Thread: Yokomo YZ-4
View Single Post
Old 09-29-2016, 03:21 AM
PENN01
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Norse
Hello Penn my friend, no problem in trying to share advice as everyone is always learning in this great world of RC racing. I feel weather one is super experienced, new to the hobby and all areas inbetween their is always something that can be shared and learned. Anyhow sorry for my lack luster attempt to throw down some philosophy.

The triple slipper is amazing on lower bit dirt and clay, thus especially when running mod motors. I really don't think it is essential for 13.5 however the new 13.5 motors are really becoming more beastly all the time so I think the triple slipper has great benefits on low bite dirt/clay as it really helps lay down the power to the front and rear in a much smoother and controlled fashion. Thus holding control of your buggy in all areas is easier in my opinion.

I find with all of Yokomo's option/upgrades they really do improve performance, reliability, strength what ever the part is intended to improve it does. I will say not that it matters however Yokomo also attends to providing the utmost aesthetics within their parts as they really combine the highest level of performance combined with elegance through their design style.

On another note: High end bearings especially the layshaft and gear box is a great investment. To your question on the SupraFlex top deck I love it. The added flex provides better traction on o
Low to high bite conditions and I have noticed it frees the belts up a tad more.
Big thanks to C Sturdy for helping me with the top deck and other things.

Keep up the good work Penn as I can tell you are loving this hobby and thus being so you are an additional asset and ambassador for the continued growth.
Again Norse so much info i am very great full for and will keep working to improve which is due to people like yourself giving your time to share your experience , and yes i am really enjoying the sport and at 42 years old i can't believe i didn't do it sooner The shimming kit you mention for the rear hangers do you have a link to ? cheers mate