R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Privateers
Thread: Privateers
View Single Post
Old 03-23-2005, 09:49 AM
koabich
Tech Master

Personally, I think they should keep the classes seperate (burshless and brushed) for the simple reason of keeping everything more fair. I have never raced brushless so I do not know the advantages or disadvantages but if brushless has the advantage of runtime and power, by allowing brushless to run with brushed motors, it seems to seperate the playing field even further. Besides, it sounds to me that the people who make the rules are trying to make brushed motors obsolete by allowing both to run together if in fact brushed motor have the advantage.

I love being able to tun my motors and it's another variable that helps to seperate the men from the boys. I do not feel that we should have to level the playing field by making it easier for the privateers to compete with the sponsored guys. If you want that then run a spec class.

By trying to make it easier for people to compete at the highest levels of competition, you start to dummy up the sport. Less innovation, less competition, less benefitial for the sport. Keep in mind there is a reason why these guys are sponsored...BECAUSE THEY ARE THE BEST. No matter what we do or what they drive, they will still be the best. Even if everyone was to drive in a spec class, they would still beat everyone. Then someone would say lets try to level the playing field some more and make the sponsored drivers run rubber tires on carpet while the privateer runs foam...it will never end.

At one time all sponsored guys were privateers and yet they rose to the top and became sponsored. In the end, the cream will rise to the top.

My $.02