R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Team Associated B6 & B6D thread
View Single Post
Old 09-23-2016, 05:34 AM
Cain
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 294 (100%+)

alright I got one of these on the way with a variety of upgrades based on the listing and pics.

This will be a vehicle used on carpet and I think the previous owner was using it on something high traction as he has the hard arms on the car and has a laydown transmission as well included.

At the moment right now, what would be considered one of the better carpet setups to look at, even, better, if its a b6d laydown setup?

Once it arrives will give it the usual run through, but I know it has the MIP puck system including the stock ball diff, the track has decided however to go back to mod apparently. Is there a limit to where the MIP pucks can safely be ran motor wise? I am looking at most an 8.5 motor, but may go to something like a 10.5 or 13.5 since its small.

And if I go ball diff, I am assuming no funny issues on carpet, just that gear is more consistent?

Lastly, if using the slipper setup on carpet with something like mckune or rcshox style pads, anyone compare how they feel in comparison to a slipper eliminator?

thanks before hand for all your help.