R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Is carpet off road the next big thing?
View Single Post
Old 09-15-2016, 10:18 AM
racer1812
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Originally Posted by bmx_ican92
It's gained huge popularity in Europe and other countries. Now American companies are releasing carpet specific models. My "local" track just gutted all the clay in favor of a new carpet setup.

I personally love the carpet more than I like dirt but that's just my opinion. What do you guys think? Is the carpet just a fad? Or is this the next step/direction of the hobby?

Also for those of you who don't like carpet, I would love to hear the reasoning behind it.
1) Why did YOUR track remove the dirt and put in carpet?

2) Why do you like carpet better than dirt? Why not just run on road?

3) Carpet and Astro turf are NOT the same......as this thread moves forward, if it does.

4) IF any of the tracks in my state were to change from dirt to CARPET, I would NOT race off road there. I would TRY Astro turf, assuming it was a clay base covered in Astor. Like the NORMAL Yatabe track, NOT the crap they used for the Worlds.

5) None of my dirt tracks run slicks. But personally, even as the grip levels increase there's still something about off road being DIRT for me to want to race on it. I've raced on carpet tracks with wooden jumps and I'm sorry, IT SUCKS!!