R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - minipro 540 motor dyno
View Single Post
Old 09-09-2016, 09:20 PM
tbrymer
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

I'm thinking what people really want to know is what will we need to purchase in order to make the dyno usable, how does it all connect together, etc. I'm left with the following questions that I'm hoping your videos will answer:
1. The board that comes with the dyno, which has all the various ports, connects to a PC via a usb cable? Is it provided with the dyno?
2. With only the rpm sensor that comes with the board, the computer software will read the RPM sensor via the usb part and you can see RPM over time on a graph in the software?
2. To use the temperature ports, you will have to purchase separate temperature sensors the plug into the sensor board and can be connected to the motor and/or battery?
3. The LCD port will display information from the last run on the dyno? I'm guessing this is for using the dyno without a computer? Maybe shows some averages of the numbers that were captured?
4. The current and voltage ports are for plugging in separate daughter/expander boards that will allow the current draw of the motor and the voltage samples to be taken while the dyno spins up? This data will also be gathered by the PC via the usb port and used to display via the computer software along with the RPM.
5. How much will the extra cables, modules, ect, cost?

Any information would be helpful.