Thread: Motiv RC
View Single Post
Old 09-07-2016, 05:48 AM
Troy Carter
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Originally Posted by R Dodge
Thanks Schwarta,

I chatted with Paul about this. He said the motor should have come with the M-HIGH, not the M-MID as it seems you have received.

For your track, he thinks the Mid might not be so bad. He said the bottom will feel more like a 5.5 but the top will be good like a 4.5. He also said the timing is fine where it is and that he would actually try it like it is to start.

On the XR10 from the initial settings he suggested the following:

10-15 Boost Timing
20-30 Turbo Timing (to adjust power at top end)
Turbo Timing Activation should be at full throttle
7.5 FDR
Drag Brake is personal preference, but make sure your Initial Brake is ≥ Drag Brake by at least 1.
Punch should be around 6 or 7
Be sure to disable any voltage or heat cutoffs
If it gets hot, drop the Turbo Increase Rate from 12% every .1 sec to 6%

Paul actually departs for ROAR Paved Nats today but said he'd be happy to help if you have any further questions related to any of the above. Just shoot me a PM.
That all sounds pretty reasonable for a big track running Mod TC. I'll add that although drag brake is something you'll want to play with most people I see are running 15-18%. Sometimes a bit more or less so don't think you're doing it wrong if it's not in that range.

Also, I prefer the "brake control" set to "traditional" with that ESC. This is definitely a personal preference but give it a try if you have time.