R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Xray XB2 2WD Buggy Thread
View Single Post
Old 09-06-2016, 02:23 PM
lyons238
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Phillip F
So... I was at the track to setup the new buggy. I bought it from a member here. Thanks Stephen. I don't know why people have problems with steering with their ce buggy but my buggy has tons of steering once I change the springs to AE whites in front and green at the rear. I think Stephen did a great job assembling the kit. Props to Stephen.. Yep yep.
Thanks man, enjoy your new kit! Keep tuning it and get the CE to work well on clay. Steering is definitely not a problem on ANY XRAY car, at least in my experience.

By the way Phil, keep an eye on that ball diff. I did break it in, but I did not hit the track with it. I broke it in in my basement and I did break it in for a while, but running it on the track may have it loosen up a tad more, or maybe not. Listen for a barking noise and also feel the tension with your hands when spinning the wheels while the car is in the air. You may want to tighten it 1/16 to 1/8 of a turn depending on results.

Also, I built it with an AE spring and glued rings as recommended by many experience members here. This basically helps give you some more adjust ability because people were bottoming the stock spring out, and makes it more consistent by not allowing the rings to slip. So the diff should be money!