R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Associated to re-release 1994 RC 10 ‘Worlds Car’ ?
Old 09-02-2016, 07:20 AM
terrible
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

What angle counter-sink did you use? Thanks!

Originally Posted by Karatayk
Hey guys,

I've got one of these in 1994, so I decided to get one to play with last week. When I started to put it together, I felt very disappointed about how the screws was not totally flat at the bottom, and the transmission box was not free. I used some machining to make things fit as they should. I am fortunate to have a machine shop here at my business place, so I spent ~2hrs to make a somewhat Brian Kinwald replica by trimming the chassis side walls, cutting the flathead screws to correct size, machining a B4 MIP top shaft to fit in, using B5 ballcups and studs to add strength etc.

I ran the car for first time yesterday at Island Raceway, NY and found out that it can get very competitive on a Sunday club racing I qualified 3rd, and ended up 4th in the a-main, which is a good place for a not-fastest and not-slowest guy like me.

For people who searched a good gearing for 17.5 spec racing for this car, and couldn't get a solid answer like me I ended up 72T Spur with 29T Pinion. this is for the records..

I found the car very balanced, and easy to drive. After the mid-motor buggies, it is a bit slower around the corners, but fast enough to keep up. I'll definitely keep it for 17.5 spec class.

Here some photos from the buildout;