R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - TLR 22 3.0 Race Kit Thread!
View Single Post
Old 08-28-2016, 07:19 AM
3DRCRACER
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by losi8lunie
I'd agree with most of that apart from the laydown conversion - I bought a 3.0 to try as I race at three tracks (1 med to high grip most of the year, 1 med to low and a low grip) and on wet astro / low to med grip the car works very well but when I went to the third track it's undriveable and I'm a second a lap of my kf times and I crash more due to grip roll no matter what I've tried with setup.

The cost of the conversion (£150!!!!!!!) and the fact you have to have two chassis as the stand up box won't fit the laydown chassis and vice versa is putting me off getting it and it would be cheaper to go the AE route which is a shame as I think this car has potential but I can't justify the outlay. IMO if losi bought out the car with a chassis that takes both gearboxes, modded the plastic hubs with inserts you flip and supplied both boxes in one kit they would sell more for not a lot of on-cost once the molds are made.

Come on TLR - make it happen!!
I bought the laydown kit and switch between the standup and laydown transmission on the the laydown chassis. I added the two holes for the waterfall for the standup is all. Other than the depressions in the chassis, those two holes are all thats different.