R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - TLR 22 3.0 Race Kit Thread!
View Single Post
Old 08-27-2016, 11:50 AM
losi8lunie
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Davidka
The lightweight parts (pucks, slipper eliminators) are all unnecessary. While they make a subtle difference, it is not a great enough difference to measure on the time sheets (you certainly can't tell which cars do and don't have these parts watching them run).

It would result in a more expensive kit that would sell in smaller numbers. This is messy and less profitable. TLR has probably done very well selling parts packs for steering, chassis kits, and Lauren transmission. It would have cost much more to keep rev'ing the kit.
I'd agree with most of that apart from the laydown conversion - I bought a 3.0 to try as I race at three tracks (1 med to high grip most of the year, 1 med to low and a low grip) and on wet astro / low to med grip the car works very well but when I went to the third track it's undriveable and I'm a second a lap of my kf times and I crash more due to grip roll no matter what I've tried with setup.

The cost of the conversion (£150!!!!!!!) and the fact you have to have two chassis as the stand up box won't fit the laydown chassis and vice versa is putting me off getting it and it would be cheaper to go the AE route which is a shame as I think this car has potential but I can't justify the outlay. IMO if losi bought out the car with a chassis that takes both gearboxes, modded the plastic hubs with inserts you flip and supplied both boxes in one kit they would sell more for not a lot of on-cost once the molds are made.

Come on TLR - make it happen!!