R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Let's talk modified 1/12
View Single Post
Old 08-19-2016, 07:47 PM
Kave
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Josh Cyrul
Kave - I think you can ask all of my sponsors that I complained about it relentlessly. I did not want to run it at all but these were the people paying my way since I could not afford to due to all the doctor bills with both of my parents having cancer and losing my father. I reluctantly raced it at the time it was requested of me due to the stock motor wars. Did I think it was wrong? Yup, 100%. Was I willing to do as they asked being grateful they stopped me from throwing all my racing gear away and quitting RC all together, yes.

After this year's Snowbirds I let all my sponsors know that they could drop me and I'll find another ride or buy my stuff because I would never race in the stock classes again. I wanted to return my focus to modified and run 13.5 at times for the extra track time. I am also finished with WGT and any other class that isn't 13.5 or faster.

You are right though, I had an amazing year winning all those spec races. At that point (I'm sure I'll take more crap for this one) are the stock/highly sponsored racers the best and more valuable to a company in the industry as Syndrome stated? I think that's been answered by myself plus Paul and Donny at the stock wars races.

I also wanted to be there with enough time not being stressed out so I can stop and help ANYONE who comes to me with a question, problem or just to watch my team mates race so I can offer support. Or if I'm running really good, let my team mates (or others) drive my cars so they learn/understand how I drive - Sound familiar Syndrome?? Oh and Syndrome - My Ko radio was a stock one... Nothing special... Always an excuse with you man...
Respectable, btw I was not ragging on you for running stock in any way. Stock sells!