R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Tamiya XV-01
Thread: Tamiya XV-01
View Single Post
Old 08-19-2016, 12:31 AM
4roller
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by fyrstormer
Man, you are burning through tires at a fearsome pace. You're clearly driving that car a lot more than I drive *any* of mine.
I haven't burned through my China eBay tires yet but at the rate I *was* driving I was fearful of not having a set to roll on, so I ordered a bunch. At 5$ a set, I can drive like a maniac, and not really worry about eating into real money that racers spend on tires.

This hobby can be expensive, especially when your consumables can cost ~30-40$ every 6-10 runs? I am driving my tires off the rims before retiring them

If I can salvage rims (and not have them disintegrate into empty marshmallow goop in acetone), it should be even cheaper by 1-2$ by buying only tires!

I am buying tire sets to compare treads to see which one I like most. Then I can have a goto when I actually run out of tires.

I have one car. A couple sets of tires. And I drive it pretty hard and often on weekends. Ive seen your garage in posts. It's like Jay Leno's, a car for every mood. 😄 cars on rotation instead of tires on rotation in my situation.

I dig the China tires worn into slicks. Ride USGTs have super low side walls, which make them very predictable. These new tires I think would be good for rally like road stages, since they are squishy and act like suspension. I bet they will balloon like crazy.