R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - 5th Scale Onroad Racing in Texas
View Single Post
Old 08-18-2016, 01:13 PM
JLock
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

It has been a while since I last posted for anything involving 5th scale racing in the state of Texas. Now that I have knocked out a few “behind the scenes things” going on with me, it is time to get back to focusing on some 5th scale racing in Texas.

Now that the Texas state series (SWCS) is winding down and the DFW leg of the series is complete (the track where the 5th scale class is primarily run), the DFW members of the Texas 5 came up with a gameplan to extend racing at the Rendon, Texas track out through mid-November, weather permitting of course. The Texas 5 would like to introduce the forthcoming 5th Scale Fall Brawl series to be held at the track in Rendon. This fall’s series will be a three race affair on the following dates:

Sept 17th
Oct 15th
Nov 12th

Unlike the SWCS races, racing for the event will be held on a single day. It is scheduled to be three qualifiers and a main with racing starting around 9am so that racing will not lag on into darkness. Also, racing will not be limited to just 5th scale cars. These are the other classes that will be included in the racing program:

8th scale 4wd Lola-body
200mm Touring car
8th scale Nitro GT
8th scale Electric GT

For those classes, we will need at least 4 racers per class to show in order consider it a racing class. It will be rocket-round racing just like what many are familiar with that participate in the SWCS. Entry fee will be $35 for the first class, $25 for the second class. Awards will be given at the end of the series. More will be coming in regard to the series.

Last edited by JLock; 08-18-2016 at 02:11 PM.