R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - 17.5 tips and speed secrets
View Single Post
Old 08-17-2016, 02:10 PM
mgers75
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

I've so over the "One wreck and none of this stuff matters" cliche. I'm pretty sure the guy who asks these questions are already fully aware of this actuality, and didn't post to get mocked. While there's a 100% truth in the cliche, even the best racers in the world wreck. I just watched the 6 2w and 4w buggy Nationals Amains on youtube and saw a lot of marshaling. Phend put on one of the greatest displays of RC talent you'll ever see, and he wrecked 3/4 times.

When I'm racing 17.5 buggy, most of my wrecks are either dealing with slower cars or big jumps, or catching a tube cause I'm try to use all the track. Having that extra .1 or .2 per lap that all these trick parts and expensive electronics/chargers 'might' provide could be the difference in me clearing the big double cleanly 13/15 times or 15/15 times. It could be the difference is a slower driver making a higher main and having a successful weekend. So there is value in this even if your not a word class driver like Socket (jk Socket, you're cool).