R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Let's talk modified 1/12
View Single Post
Old 08-16-2016, 11:34 AM
jiml
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by oldrcr
Just to confirm to what Josh is checking into, if I read it right, its about charging to a specific voltage, which will effect mAh availability.

So what we would need is a mAh cutoff device? Meaning you can run any battery, and an electronic device monitored your usage for the run and basically shut off motor power at a specified amount of mAh used. It would be like running out of gas. I don't recall if something exists like that, but it seems feasible.

Nice, simple, logical. :-)
And impossible.

One thing we all should have learned by now is that any technological restriction will be usurped by someone with better knowledge. I love the 20 gage wire idea, but you just know someone is going to try and pass 19.5 gage wire through. Even Josh acknowledges the spec motor wars. How many people are aware there is a ROAR rule limiting the charge current to 1C? How many people have seen that enforced?

There are some great ideas here, but we're all over the place. Battery/motor/speed control/tire/wire restrictions are great, but how can they be enforced? And I think the last thing we need is 3 12th scale classes.

We also need tracks that are willing to try new ideas. There may be a handful of racers willing to try something new, but there's also the group that's going to "The Big Race" coming up and they want to practice for it using the current format.

Let's pick one idea and take an informal survey, and let's see what happens.