R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Team Associated B6 & B6D thread
View Single Post
Old 08-15-2016, 06:40 PM
Gigasipke
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Probably blasphemous but I took my B6D out on dirt. I didn't race it because there was enough guys to run Truck so I ran my T5M. But I did practice with it and compared it to my B5.

I used the B6D setup in the manual and it was quite dialed. Had a push and needed a little more on power steering but wow does it have rear traction and flys like a dream. Running weight was 1502g using the standard transmission.

To be fair I had worked on the setup on my B5, I was still struggling with oversteer issues but was really good until it wasn't and then was snap loose. I had similar average lap times between both buggies but had my quickest laps with the B6D. I think more practice and setup tweaks I can get it even that much faster then my B5.

A quick note: Everyone at the track runs rear motor , except my son who runs a B5M and he usually finishes mid-pack.

The B6D felt nimble and planted in essentially box stock forum. During practice I was running right with one of the mod buggies, he could clear one of the triples when I had to double single but even on the straight I could carry more entry speed so he only would pull ahead a slight amount on the straight before I was right on him. I could hang with him on the infield without issue, for a little bit I thought that maybe he was running a 17.5 but remembering he could easily clear the triple knew he wasn't. He commented afterward on how fast my buggy was running.

At this point I will be getting my son one, our indoor track I think will be an astro turf one, so will throw in the laydown at that time.