R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Team Scream Racing
View Single Post
Old 08-15-2016, 01:55 PM
Josh-n-ya
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 95 (100%+)

Originally Posted by toddmanley
Hoping to get some insights from the TSR experts - currently running a 17.5 "The 1" motor in a TLR 22 3.0 laydown transmission buggy. My home track is Norcal Hobbies and I'm trying to determine how to balance the right mix of motor timing and gearing. Currently running 64 pitch gearing - 42/96 right now.

After taking a 3-month break I got back on the track and it took forever for me to get around to tweaking the timing and gearing to get more punch out of the corners. Initially timing was turned all the way up to the 45* mark - I backed that down to around 32* and found more low-end torque.

So here's my question - with my current gearing and timing, in addition to a fan which keeps my motor temps right around 95-100*, where should I focus my attention? Not sure if playing around with timing is where I should focus...or should I pay more attention to pinion gearing? My goal is to get more bottom-end rip out of the corners with top speed being secondary.
Your name sounds familiar. Sorry but I can't help you in the buggy department. I'm sure you will get an answer soon.