R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Unusual front tire wear
View Single Post
Old 08-12-2016, 09:08 PM
4roller
Tech Addict

From the depths of the RC Tech forum, I summon this Thread revival!

So I've been getting this type of wear with my tires all day everyday. I drive a Tamiya XV-01, it's not TRF 41X, but it's my only car, and I love it.

I don't race and tend to just run tires on the street till they die. I have set up my car with pretty even wear, front and rear, but for the life of me cannot stop the front tires from wearing like this. Inner rim has a groove.

It happened with these ($5 set of china tires) and also a set of HPI X-patterns.

Above, pictures ( of the same China tire) after 3 runs, then 6 runs of 5000mah (~40mins runtimes each pack) of aggressive driving.

From the posts above, I see that people are talking about the foams. Is there a way to cut the foams so they reduce the amount of inner rim tire wear?

What is it that causes this? I am running very little camber (I set my car up to wear evenly 0 to -2 at most). I have pretty thick diff fluid up front. But this also happens with thin diff fluid too. I originally thought when turning, the the inner front wheel would lift slightly and spin , causing the rubber to wear. I'm trying to keep my tires from wearing out so quickly. This is happing after about 6x5000mah runs on 13.5T on rough streets.

Any insight would be helpful.

Thanks!