R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - FSEARA 2016/17 Schedule & Classes
View Single Post
Old 08-12-2016, 07:02 PM
Monti
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

Originally Posted by turbodog
Unfair statement saying no one cares. It was brought up at the year-end meeting, but we do have a series tire sponsor and we need to be fair to them too. Maybe if some other manufacturer would step up and offer to sponsor/ promote it........
Yes you're are correct it was an unfair statement made by me. But not malice, I appreciate the series and what it is trying accomplish, I just don't agree with everything and that's ok. 👍 As for tire mgf I know of one and there could be tires for both asphalt and carpet you just need to ask and make a phone call.

Originally Posted by GMartinez
Last 2 outings I ran Solaris 35H compound which is the same that we use for asphalt
It seems that any Tire will work on the new carpet
Monti Don't understand your statement on caring about carpet
If we did not care there would only be asphalt racing this is a series it has nothing to do with the Snowbirds or preparation of it there is about 5-10% of the series drivers that attend The Snowbirds
Preparing for the Snowbirds Is the responsibility of the driver not the series
Technically there is only two carpet races (one just moved to 386). It was explained to me in years past there was only one carpet race (minnreg) so why bother to have a separate tire. I get that and I can see the logic. But to now there are three carpet races why do we have to use the same tire? This has not been explained to me or a reason given other than "we felt this way".

The series provides a great chance for all the racers in Florida to gather and race. Driving time, hotel (now required for most to do both days), time, and personal schedule takes away from a racer who wants to support the birds and the series. Even if it was 2% of cross over why make it difficult or inconvenient for these racers. Why shouldn't a racer take advantage of a chance to race everyone in Florida as well as prepare for the birds. It's not like you can use the tires on asphalt and carpet after super glueing them for carpet?

If it's a series sponsor thing what does Solaris proved? Money, door prizes, or just tires at a discount?

Monti