R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - TEAM POWERS NEW PLUTONIUM MOTORS
View Single Post
Old 08-12-2016, 01:53 AM
Kakaru
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by venom54
The V2 Plutonium was never approved by ROAR or BRCA. The stator is the part that was rejected, not the rotor.
The diameter of the rotor should be 12.3 FAT BOSS.
The best FDR depending if the track is medium in size would be 3.6. With timing set to 2.5 anti clockwise. Plenty pull out of the corner and very good top end on a track with approx 35 to 40 meter straight and technical infield. Motor temps should be around 50 to 55 Celcius.

Hope this helps.

Cheers
Ren
Thanks for your prompt reply.

Interestingly, both the specs and the box of Plutonium v2 motor indicate that the motor is designed based on ROAR, IFMAR, etc (can't remember all) specifications and yet it is a faster and outlaw motor.

The track I'm running is a small track with many sharp corners and therefore the acceleration speed exiting from the corners will be a critical factor to me. Since you suggested tuning the motor to +2.5 (anti-clockwise) based on the assumption of a medium track. Am I right to assume that I should have a slightly higher FDR and tune the motor's timing to +3 since my local track is smaller with many corners? Please advise and thank you.