R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - New Schumacher KF2
View Single Post
Old 08-10-2016, 06:14 AM
Bob Barry
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Jpdanger
You don't find this a bit ironic? The KF/2 has been a "laydown" style car for years and just recently the B6 and 22 3.0 are gaining popularity in laydown configs. Meanwhile, the idea of Schu releasing a stand up tranny has us excited.

I thought it was odd there were no chassis focus images of Orlowski's car when he was using the prototype.
The original KF is directly responsible for the current generation of cars all shifting to Laydowns. When it came out, it transformed B main drivers into podium contenders. Yokomo was the first to see this. Others copied soon after.

As far as what the boys in the shop have planned....I honestly haven't been given any more detail than what you have. If I had to guess, I would think this car, IF PRODUCED, would be more along the lines of a KF3. Something to allow for lower grip and to make the car more of a threat outside. Remember development this year leads to worlds for next year, which if I heard correctly are outside on dirt.

Anyway, it's always fun to sit back and speculate and guess. Just remember, that's all we're doing