R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Club racing entry fees $
View Single Post
Old 08-08-2016, 03:09 PM
racer1812
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Originally Posted by dun4sho
Im a racer just curious im paying 20 for the first class and 10 for second my son also races with me he was paying $5 to race now hes being charged 20 so its now pretty expensive for both of us to race 2 classes each every weekend . just trying to see what others are being charged hard to pay $60 a weekend to race and get nothing in return not even a sticker or a candy bar....
I always question that. You have a facility and track to race at, I assume you have an organized race program with computer scoring, etc..

Do you really see that much value in a sticker or a candy bar that you have an issue in what it cost you to race? I'm just asking.

I've raced a TON of "things" over the last 30 years..R/C, Slot Cars, 1:1 cars..and I have tons of trophies and ribbons. Most of which really have little meaning after all these years, Ya I have a few trophies that really mean something. BUT for the most part, the races that were the most fun, most remembered, best memories, are the great battles for non-trophy lower main wins, great heat race battles, and just plain fun races with people I consider friends. No trophy, no sticker, no candy bar. The race itself was reward enough. Priceless IMO.

I will agree, it's nice for tracks to offer stickers (maybe a candy bar) for main/feature wins. It's a little sign of accomplishment for some people who may not have the racing history under their belt that people like myself do. I'm certainly not saying I'm great, I'm saying that over time you'll get your share of wins and you'll learn to value the moment more than the sticker or candy bar.

IMO