R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Club racing entry fees $
View Single Post
Old 08-08-2016, 12:59 PM
racer1812
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Originally Posted by dun4sho
Just curious on what tracks charge for racing club races 1st entry? 2nd entry? Kids? Does your track give anything back trophies ribbons etc. thanks
Are you asking as a track owner to see what's a reasonable rate to charge? Or are you asking as a racer wondering what others are paying?

Tracks in my state, not just my area, charge between $10 and $20 for the first class. Regardless if it's 1/8 outdoor or 1/10 indoor. Second class, between $7 and $15. Family rate..If you bring your kid and you each run 1 class, some tracks will discount and charge you for your kid as a second class for you. But some money hungry tracks won't do that.

For me. I honestly don't worry about the cost on a club night, assuming it's not something crazy like $30 for 2 5 min. heats and a 5 minute main. That, to me, is a bit much.

Even the average club racer has a good amount of money invested in equipment. Assuming your track is fairly decent..decent pit area, maintained track, fairly clean facility, nice staff, fairly well run program, etc......I don't see the point in complaining about a $20 vs. $10 entry fee. If I like a track that charges $20 vs. another track that charges $10, I'm gonna pay the $20 and go somewhere I like.

Last edited by racer1812; 08-08-2016 at 01:29 PM.