R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Yokomo YZ-2
Thread: Yokomo YZ-2
View Single Post
Old 08-01-2016, 09:06 AM
rbk1115
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by cclifton
Overall I love the Yokomo YZ2, but here in the USA, Amain is the only people that carry the Yokomo like of products and I have noticed as of the last week, replacement have gone up drastically from Amain. Bodies went up $8, plastics like arms went up almost $2, and I wont even say how much aluminum parts increased. I order from Amain every couple weeks and this week it shocked me.
Yup, I noticed the price increases as well. I just label it the "JDM Tax" and place the order. Running Kyosho got me used to the increased prices over other brands. It is kind of a trade off as if you run AE, you end up getting tempted to buy hop-ups from all the aftermarket vendors. I keep Excel spreadsheets on each car that I have run and when I compared the running costs of the AE B5M vs the Kyosho SC6, they are quite similar. One of the reasons I got the Yokomo YZ2 DT instead of the AE B6 is because I want to avoid the aftermarket temptation that is most prominent on the AE cars. Now, there is only a limited number of manufacturers/vendors to deal with and since it is all OEM parts, the fit and finish will be perfect.