R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Great news for all long-time HPI Racing fans
Old 07-28-2016, 03:54 AM
John Wallace2
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by SWTour
Amazon is showing (7) sets of FRONT VTA tires from Dollar Hobbyz (never used them, no idea how they are to deal with)

Noticed your "returning to the Velodrome in 2016" comment at the bottom of your post. Which Velodrome? My son and I really loved racing at Velodromes (most Major Taylor in Indy) back in the brushed motor/NIMH days. Pretty realistic: 1/10 scale cars running on a near 1/10 scale Daytona; everything was scale except for the lap times: 12 to 14 second lap times made for some exciting modified racing. With LIPOs and brushless motors 21 laps in 4 minutes probably isn't the gold standard it once was.

Also I picked up 2 sets of VTA tires at a Hobbytown in Brownsville TX. Probably they were still there because they don't race VTA in that part of Texas. Maybe a Hobbytown search of their store inventories across the country might find other inventories of VTA tires just sitting on shelves waiting to be bought.

Last edited by John Wallace2; 07-28-2016 at 04:14 AM.