R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - 2016 U.S. Indoor Championships Cleveland, OH November 24th-27th
Old 07-25-2016, 11:16 AM
Hustler
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by JimmyMack12
Two questions:

1) Any chance of a 1/12th spec class for us "old guys" (locals) that want to run the class?

2) If not, what's the motor of choice for 17.5 1/12th scale stock?

Thanks.
Hey boss, we combined the stock and masters classes a few years back, so there won't be a separation. But the class is our biggest every year, so with that large of a field, you will have a broad spectrum of abilities. You won't have to worry about being in too "good" or "bad" of a group for long. Run your race, watch for traffic (faster and slower) and you'll end up right where you should be. Plus, Chuck Lonergan was our fastest master for the past few years. He made the show and he's old as DIRT! So obviously age doesn't have much to do with it.

Frank's new black carpet has such great traction that 13.5 feels more like stock to me. So in my thinking, 21.5 would be ridiculously slow. But if you run at the Gate, you already know all about the new CRC carpet and how the classes feel. I don't want you to think that I'm arguing a point here, I just feel you'll have nothing to worry about entering 12 stock at Champs.

Also, we are going with a control tire this year for stock. That way there's 1 more thing you won't have to worry about. Plus, if you're already running the Gate's rules, that means you're at least familiar with running Lilacs on the new black carpet.

As for the motor, there are several great manufacturers who make a quality 17.5 for 12 stock. I'm not sure how you can do wrong with a Trinity, Team Scream, Fantom, Powers, R1Wurks, etc... They're all hot. And we have Mr. Miller making sure everyone is playing above board. Cheaters will be killed and eaten.

We're 4 months from the first qualifier guys. Stay tuned...

-Sean

Last edited by Hustler; 08-02-2016 at 05:52 AM.