View Single Post
Old 07-22-2016, 11:02 PM
4roller
Tech Addict

I got some upgrades in the mail today:
  1. TRF Dampes and springs
  2. Carbon Reinforced A-arms
  3. Smoke paint for the windows.

The TRF dampers are nice and smooth. Although I noticed that they only use 1 o-ring, silicone. I am surprised these high end dampers only have 1 o-ring. I am running 2 pistons, 70wt AE oil. The car doesn't bottom out when I drop it now.

The springs are so much firmer than the stock silver springs. White extra-mega firms in the front, yellow mediums in the back. I have not ran it yet, I hope this will keep things ultra planted.

For the A-arms I basically tore down half the car and rebuilt it. I figured out another reason why my car was sagging on one side. The rear a-arms are reversible and the 3 holes (for mounting the bottom of the damper) are offset by 5mm. When I originally built the car, I used the inner most hole on both, but one of the arms were reversed! I shimmed these arms up really good. The slop is near zero. Mega tiiiiiight with no binding. I love it. I think I am OCD in a way.

I got some tint on the ride. But I messed it up a little, because I put too much on the first coat, and it ran. But in this picture, you can't see it. I also used nail polish that the wife had laying around to paint the raised TAMIYA letters on the battery box. The color is "Rumba Romance"

So the TRF dampers are nice, but I was hoping they would be a little longer. I guess I can use the long shock ends on the plastic CVA dampers if I want to chew some dirt. I got spring options now

The amount of wheel gap on the front fender would be totally unacceptable on a real car, but then again.. Rally

Last edited by 4roller; 07-22-2016 at 11:19 PM.