R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - TLR SCTE 3.0 Thread
View Single Post
Old 07-22-2016, 09:48 PM
Thunder Trail
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 66 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Frank Root
If the suspension is dialed in for the weight, I can't think of one form of racing that prefers a heavier car to a lighter one.
Most of the time I feel you are spot on. However, this less wt theory has been dismissed many times. Less weight is not always the right tool for the job. The heavy rigs push you around in the corners and you can't do anything about it. Being so light also effects how well they fly on long jumps before getting out of shape due to light breeze or even bumping another car lightly in mid air. Then there are durability problems with parts that are not beefed up enough.

Smaller indoor tracks are a different story. The lighter rig seems to be an advantage getting in and out of turns quicker and accelerating faster. Speeds are lower making durability a lesser concern. This will be debated till the end times, but there are certain circumstances that call for a heavy and strong rig.

This truck seems to be the best of the class across the board. Great design that stands the test of time with so little change. I pre ordered this truck even though I have decked out 2.0s now. Look forward to the 3.0 and I'm hopeful lap times make me feel good about owning it. I do wish it came with all the goodies though..... clamping hex, aluminum diff inserts and such. I know, keeping price down and all that crap. Just something else we have to upgrade. Hey got to complain about something

Hope there are some beefed up diff washers hiding in the box? Maybe some aluminum cross shafts in the diffs?