R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Traxxas DCB M41 Widebody...
View Single Post
Old 07-22-2016, 07:26 PM
donperkins
Tech Rookie

Default Water cooling not worth a S..t.

Wow boat worked great the first time. After that its been a disaster. Motor not getting enough cooling, Prop - cable drive wont stay locked in. Rudder intake is not clogged but insufficient to keep motor cool. What parts do you recommend for the dual intake and water jacker.

Originally Posted by alavigna
I bought this boat. I have had some fun with it. Running on 6S. Couple of things to note:

- The water cooling is USELESS out of the box. The single rudder pickup is a joke, and the electronics get very hot, very fast. It is almost criminal that Traxxas would sell this boat as it is currently setup.

- The vercro strap system for the batteries is poor. I needed to add lots of stick on velcro to get the batteries to hold.

- I love the color theme. The boat is great looking, and looks great on the water. It is a nice size, and the cockpit detailing is great.

- Very easy to work on, with the exception of getting the batteries to hold in place with the straps.

- Did I mention the cooling is USELESS. I do not know how a company the size of Traxxas can mess that up so bad. You only have the drive the boat for a few minutes to realize the electronics are not being sufficiently cooled. Also, throw away the included motor jacket. It leaks like crazy.

I have plans to add a new rudder with dual (actually functioning) pickups. I have added RC Boat Bitz trim tabs and a motor jacket. I also added a CNC prop, however the electronics overheated almost immediately, because there is very little water cooling them.

Great boat for a toy. All you need to get it setup correctly is about $300-$500 in aftermarket parts, lol.