R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - 2016 Trains and Lanes Outdoor Offroad Racing - Easton, PA
Old 07-21-2016, 06:41 AM
Viper10er7
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by Roadburn
Tekin is not what it used to be...so many problems with the RX-8. Hey guys question, a buddy and I both practiced Saturday and it was super hot. So far we each lost a lipo pack this week. I didn't run the car hard due to heat, but the car was heating up quick due to the heat. Last night after setting up my new esc in my truggy. I disconnected the pack, then as I was taking the battery out of the battery tray I heard a pop. I looked around and noticed the hard battery case broke right in my hand. I guess I'm lucky it didn't catch fire. Now I'm kinda worried because they're calling for 100 degree weather on Saturday. Do you suggest any precautions.
GOT IT MY TEKEN ESC / FAN is working NOW. Part's showed up from the UPS MAN Gotta love 2 day mail shipping.

Thank you for all the help & Tips

I don't think I am going to race this weekend thou... They are predicting 99 degrees with heat indexes of 101 - 104 degrees in the Lehigh Valley area
Not going to risk puffing my Lipos or damage to my motor / esc
I'll be in my in ground pool & inside a nice central A/C cooled house

GOOD LUCK to any RACER BRAVING THAT kind of heat GOD BLESS YOUR RIDES TOO...