R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - 2005 ROAR On-Road Carpet Nationals
View Single Post
Old 03-20-2005, 01:06 PM
racer-oZ
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I saw this and had to argue the point. When you are wandering around the pit area and hear the race directors talking between themselves saying that if there was ANY rain, they would cancel the final round of qualifying, gimme a break. They did not want to run the final round; I think anyone who was there could tell you that. They wanted to get out of there early saturday. The tech was also questionable, as one racer was said to have removed the label from their handout motor and placed it on another make of motor and was allowed to run it. All in all, I thought the Portland race was one of the worse run events I had ever been to. But Barry still had the quote of the weekend: "Why don't the ROAR rep and the Race director put their heads together, make a decision, and ****ing stick to it?"
nihil, if you are going to start spreading BS around like this I'd like you to back it up. How about the name of the guy who told you someone changed the label (since it's what you heard and not what you saw for yourself), and the guy's name who actually changed the label and ran the illegal motor. If you can't produce either then I'll know it's BS. As for tech at this race, the Portland crew was promised all of ROAR's tech equipment and was delivered nothing. The guys running the race did their best to construct tech equipment to enforce ROAR rules and make the event run smoothly. All 3 major mags reported positive coverage of the way the race was run beginning to end so for you to say this was the worst run event you've ever been to it's quite frankly BS.

racer-oZ