R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Tracks equipped with the new black CRC carpet
Old 07-19-2016, 01:24 PM
silden
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by syndr0me
I think 5280 is pretty good approximation of what you'll encounter at IIC. We have a similar dry climate which can affect traction. Right now we still have the MHIC layout up, so grip is SUPER high and very sticky. Can't say for certain how much longer that will be the case, but the track does seem to groove up relatively quickly on new layouts.

If you decide to head this way, drop by our thread and leave us a message. We do most of our talking on 5280's Slack chat now, but still keep an eye on the thread.

If you haven't been on the black rug yet, you're doing the right thing by getting some time on it first. It's very different, and the things you need to do to keep the cars from flipping over (gluing tires) requires some time to get right. It would be difficult to figure out with the limited track time at IIC.
I'm thinking about going to 5280 for some pre IIC testing, but it is difficult to plan with the Elias summer classes and my work schedule. What tires are preferred for mod 1/12? still the blue/green? you are selling tires at the track?
Thank you