R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Sming250r bad seller
View Single Post
Old 07-17-2016, 10:05 AM
hotrod87
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 252 (100%+)
Default Sming250r bad seller

Well I just left my first negative feedback. I bought and paid quickly for a used 4wd slash in good operating condition per the ad. Well after a week and no communication I get the death in the family story. This may be true or may not but has no bearing on how this should have been handled. I asked for a refund and I'd move on instead. Then I get the I shipped it ups,well ups does not ship to a Po box I tell him. I ask again for a refund. I shipped USPS already he says. I give him the benifit of the doubt and wait another week. Well it shows up looking as described until I try and run it. Three of four tires are blown at least partially off the rims and one hex is spun when I tear it down I can only reuse the two front diff side bearings and one input bearing. Well since I'm already in there and usually stock lots of bearings I start replacing them and what I don't have I go the the lbs and purchase along with a set of tires. I pm him and no response since a I shipped it already so I file a claim with PayPal then wait 48 hours and escalate it. I asked for a partial refund of $50 for bearings and tires and wheels and a bearing kit for the motor.
Not sure what he told PayPal but I just got a email and they sided with him. Just goes to show the buyer doesn't always win a dispute. You CAN buy a POS from a crappy seller and get burned.

http://www.rctech.net/forum/r-c-item...-ultimate.html

Here's a link.

Apparently it is because it's not in the same shape as I received it. Lesson to learn is if you receive a POS file PayPal and don't investigate what wrong leave it alone and file a claim.

Last edited by hotrod87; 07-17-2016 at 10:22 AM.