R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - established seller dealing with new buyer
Old 07-12-2016, 08:06 PM
hotrod87
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 252 (100%+)

Originally Posted by konasubs
Well...I happen to be in the middle of a dispute and I need your feedback Casey since we have dealt with each other in the past and I trust your opinion....I bought something on tech. Since I'm in the middle of return, I will leave out who. They have a good rating of over 25 sales. You know my rep obviously....humbly.....I have only had one selling issue on all these deals when I was selling something for another local racer and even though I specifically said that chassis had been modded, They got upset. I lost money but made it right....SO... In the current instance I received custom crawler. It came to the seller in a trade and he admittedly didn't do anything to it. I IMMEDIATELY noticed that servo was held in by sheetmetal screws and MIP CVD's had buttonhead screws at outdrive joints instead of grub screws. It humbly went down hill from there......I should have know when rig and 2 sets of tires showed up in a smashed cardboard box with not a lick of packing materials....nothing......2 links had broken of the balljoint. SOOOO....I contacted seller and said their were issues but my mistake I couldn't leave rig alone and started digging into issues. I basically said, send me $30 back and I'll deal.....I was trying to be respectful because he stated he had family member in hospital (reason for non-shipment for a few days) and HEY....family is everything to me....but now we have a rig with a boat load of issues. I finally filed PP dispute for $30 and he wants truck back. I am 6 hours into rehab and know there are several things still wrong and know its gonna get reposted.

SO what do I do.....Leave negative feedback? Leave warning on new post when it pops up? I am a person on honor and integrity. Just because its "used", unless someone says there are issues and its being sold AS IS, I think seller has obligation to go thru a rig and check it out. Both difs were binding because lockers were assembled wrong and outdrive axle hub pins were missing.....He wouldn't have know this because he didn't service vehicle but didn't want to own up to the responsibility that he was the seller.

I TT PP live after filing claim. They said they would actually cover return freight since I am a good customer. I am finishing the rehab on the front axle(less the missing axles pins) and dif before I send back with a list of what's still wrong including the homemade servo mount that causes the steering arm to hit the front dif cover when turning sharply R or L......So I will get my money back from him and the shipping.....I just afraid this will be in some unsuspecting person hands very soon without disclosure.
I would say at least a neutra with an explanation. Just because you got it used and sold it without checking it out ? What the ?????? If your selling something you should know what it is and isn't. Used doesn't mean beat to crap or non working. I myself am dealing with a purchase very similar. Item not as described. PayPal filed and hope it's made right. If seller fights it then I think negativefeedback. Is in order.