R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Official AARCMCC EP On Road Thread
View Single Post
Old 06-24-2016, 02:40 AM
Radio Active
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by AARCMCC EP ONR
Can you please confirm if it is ALL of proposal 10 you personally take issue to, or 10A, 10B and/or 10C in particular?

We have decided to step away from IFMAR, yes. the IFMAR rules are there to serve a once every 2 year event of the worlds best drivers where racers are committed to rain days if required and the prime intention is to declare a world champion.

Our events are for a distinctly difference purpose. It is also considered by many racers the IFMAR rules are antiquated and controlled by too few with little racer consultation (two people essentially for ONroad) and little care for what racers are experiencing at local club races and regional events such as our stats and national championships.

I would also suggest, if you have not already, you discuss your concerns with your club(s)

Please also refer to the ROAR and BRCA rules on the same issues for comparison.
I did look at the ROAR and BRCA rules prior to the introduction of the current AARCMCC rules in this area. The current AARCMCC rules were designed to improve on them whilst still being consistent with IFMAR. They have done that. They've been working really well in both Onroad and Offroad, and the longer they've been in place the greater the uptake has been for all sorts of events, not just AARCMCC events.

The changes proposed to 6.1 are fine. It's 6.9 and 6.10 I feel are retrograde.
There's no indication in the proposal document that they are separate proposals. If they are, this needs to be made clear.

Last edited by Radio Active; 06-24-2016 at 02:58 AM.