R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Tekno RC SCT410.3 Thread
View Single Post
Old 06-20-2016, 05:15 PM
justpoet
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally Posted by deceit
Anyone recommend a rx8 gen2 setup for this truck running a pro4 HD 4300? Also I saw that the rear springs need changed, that they are too soft? I haven't gotten a chance to run the truck, just finished building it yesterday. Just trying to figure out what all I need.
Start with:
65 current limit (go down more if just spinning wheels, go up if you have traction and can't make a short run up jump)
0 timing (C1 and set to min with max start rpm)
60% brake (adjust to track, full brake should JUST lock it up)
no drag brake or push control to start with (try to adjust setup to start with prior to doing these)
smallest neutral width that works well with your radio (this is basically to account for how sloppy radios are at hitting 0 for throttle)
17t pinion if small to medium track, 18t pinion if large or flowing track, maybe 16t if the track is TINY and technical with lots of 180s

The stock springs and oils are generally considered too soft by most. The stock setup has a free rear end on power, which some like and some don't. You can find various setups for the truck here so you can find a condition you're in and start from there...most setups will have a fairly loose rear on power and be more stable on brake, but you can change that if you don't like it.
http://www.teknorc.com/setup-sheets/