R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Tamiay Lunch Box Re release
View Single Post
Old 06-19-2016, 10:38 PM
Maxximize
Tech Regular

Well, I am now presented with a new problem. My stock TBLE 02S ESC is thermaling with the Integy 27T motor on long runs! So much for it being compatible with 25T and higher motors I wouldn't be at all shocked if this motor pulls more amps than the 23T Superstock Tamiya motors do, it's probably faster as well. It does work on my Traxxas XL 2.5 in my Mini Revo, though.

Anyways, I found a fan kit for the ESC, but it's expensive and hard to find in the states. So I came up with a less than elegant solution. The fan is just a 25mm ESC cooling fan. It's attached to the ESC using Parma servo tape and just blows across the heat sink. It will now make it all the way through a 2100mah pack without thermaling and hasn't came loose yet Anybody using this ESC, try this out if it's thermaling on you! My next big test is going to be my 4200 mah pack in 80 degree weather.

In looking a little closer at the chassis near the ESC, I noticed some random unused mounting holes by it. The holes as it turns out are the exact right spacing for mounting a 25mm fan! I'm going to get some spacers of some sort, turn the ESC 90 degrees, and mount the fan above it so it blows down onto the heat sink. Using some rubber spacers that come with servos should also make the vibrations less noticeable. Here are the holes on the chassis. The only thing I can think of is that they were used on the older LB, maybe for holding the MSC in place?