R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - TLR 22-4 2.0 Race Kit Thread!
View Single Post
Old 06-15-2016, 09:08 AM
b1narych0ice
Super Moderator

The 22-4 was my favorite RC anything of all time, and I gotta say the new car has been even better! Couple updates since last time...

Won the maiden club race this last Friday, took 3rd behind Fabulous and another very fast guy on our monthly race on Saturday. I have only won a couple of club races before, so I can't ask for much more!

Continued to tune and practice this week, I attached a PDF of the setup I'm at for anyone that's interested (read my earlier post about impressions of stock setup). it uses only one part that isn't in the kit (red low frequency rear springs) and it uses the kit's diff config. Should be pretty easy to switch to for anyone that built the kit to stock specs.

The highlight of practice this week was throwing down a 15.9, in two months of our current layout the fastest a 13.5 4WD has hot-lapped in a race is 16.0... I screamed like a teenage girl when the scoring software said "fifteen point..." and I think Kraig was there to hear it

I also have one more build tip -- I have now seen 3 or 4 different experienced builders who had their outdrive set screws come loose on their first run, I have now had 2 of them come loose myself. There are two outcomes to that set screw coming loose -- either the outdrive stays on the shaft, but loose, and you have a 3WD car... or the outdrive flies off completely and you end up looking for it on the track. While it is only one set screw, you will have to take the diff out to get the outdrive properly reattached.

So, the lesson is to be liberal on the loctite on your outdrive set screws, and be sure to really tighten them firmly. I believe this is step B-1 in the build.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
22-4 2.0 Trackside 6-8-2016.pdf (331.1 KB, 219 views)