R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Mugen MTX-3
Thread: Mugen MTX-3
View Single Post
Old 03-18-2005, 02:27 AM
straightsixers
Tech Initiate

Default Re: Re: ROll Center

I think it makes more sense now. Thanks cdelong for your time on this. Its amazing why no one has responded till now on something so essential for knowledge, and rather focus on listing parts for building a diff.

Understand now why MyTSN is the reference point for many rc racers and essentially adding to Serpent's reputation. It's a shame we do not have something similar going for Mugen, when it is in fact a very competitive car. Hope they read this.

Originally posted by cdelong
I think it's more than meets the eye....

The pro's only mention that the "A" block lower the RC, and not WHY they lower the roll center. The one thing we need to realize is that there is more than one thing drivers are trying to accomplish. I've been on the Mugen forum, and it seems that the "A" blocks (low roll center= more roll) are used when bite is high to add some laziness to the car and to prevent traction rolling. If the car will not roll on the suspension a little, it will just traction roll if the bite is high. Swauger mentioned that the blocks will also change the shock angle slightly (A= more laid down).

Just push the "I believe" button and do what the big dog's do= high bite = Low roll center.